Frequently Asked Questions
National Lockdown for COVID-19 Coronavirus
Updated 18 May
In line with President Cyril Ramaphosa’s call for a National Lockdown, all of Sun International’s South African casinos and facilities are closed.
Sun International's Hotel Booking Cancellation Policy
Following the announcement by President Cyril Ramaphosa that adjusted level 3 restrictions will be extended to 15 February 2021, please note the revised cancellation policies:
The following preventative measures will be implemented to prepare our operations for opening and will be guided by property specific risk assessments. Processes include, but are not limited to:
- Employee Training on COVID-19, risks, controls, self-assessment screening and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Purchasing of PPE
- Amended Human Resources (HR) protocols to ensure social distancing, remote work where practical, and enforcement of Health and Safety controls
- Identification of demarcated areas for queuing and social distancing measures
- Printing and displaying of awareness posters on hygiene, social distancing and COVID-19 related risks in all staff and guest facing areas
- Deep cleaning of properties and pest control
- Preparation of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, water reticulation systems, fridges, dishwashers, laundry equipment, etc.
- Food purchases and safe receiving
- Installation of physical barriers where practical
- Installation of hand sanitizer dispensers at all high traffic areas such as entrances and exits, lift lobbies and escalators, gaming floors, restaurants, bars, conference venues, toilets etc.
- Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to enforce additional hygiene and cleaning protocols
- A pre-opening audit will be conducted on all facilities to ensure that cleaning standards and protocols are consistent across the group
Post-opening Daily Control Measures:
Once we are allowed to open, the following control measures will be implemented on a daily basis, including but not limited to:
- Temperature screening and further screening using a questionnaire will be done at hotel check in, staff entrances, casino and other entrances where required.
- At all primary entrances, queuing systems will be demarcated to ensure social distancing of 1.5 meters.
- Only holders of MVG loyalty cards will be permitted onto our casino floor to allow for the tracking and traceability of casino customers.
- Every second seat at slot machine banks has already been removed and tables will be limited to four players only.
- Seating capacity at dining, conferencing and meeting areas has been reduced and will remain in line with Government guidelines for social distancing.
Health and hygiene interventions:
- Wearing of cloth face masks and training in the safe way to do so.
- A face mask must be worn by all people entering the property.
- Where additional personal protective equipment (PPE) is required, these will be provided to employees including training on how to properly use, clean, store or dispose of these.
- Enhanced food safety measures to ensure food is covered, sealed, or served to prevent cross-contamination.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of all high risk touch points such as door handles, hand rails, lift buttons, light switches, reception and bar counters; slot machines and tables equipment; restaurant equipment and utensils, restaurant tables, chairs and other surfaces; in vehicles - door handles, interior surfaces and window levers and or buttons; Hotel rooms, surfaces and furniture; Hotel showers and all other basin taps, toilet flush buttons, levers, toilet seats and surrounding cubicle walls.
- Third Party hygiene audits will be conducted on a scheduled basis.
USEFUL CONTACTS DURING NATIONAL LOCKDOWN
|GBV Command Centre:||0800 428 428 / *120*7867# from any cell phone|
|Persons with disabilities:||SMS 'help' to 31531|
|Women Abuse Helpline:||0800 150 150|
|Child line:||0800 055 555|
|SAPS Crime Stop:||0860 10111
SMS Crime Line: 32211
|GBVF-related service complaints (SAPS):||0800 333 177
|National AIDS Helpline:||0800 012 322|
|National Human Trafficking Helpline:||0800 222 777|
|Suicide Helpline:||0800 567 567|
|National Department of Health:||https://www.health.gov.za|
|National Institute of Communicable Diseases:||https://www.nicd.ac.za|
|World Health Organisation:||https://www.who.int|
|Coronavirus Hotline:||0800 029 999|