Frequently Asked Questions
National Lockdown for COVID-19 Coronavirus
Updated 18 May
In line with President Cyril Ramaphosa’s call for a National Lockdown, all of Sun International’s South African casinos and facilities are closed.
Sun International's Hotel Booking Cancellation Policy
In light of COVID-19 we are prepared to be flexible regarding cancellations and rescheduled bookings. The national lockdown across our properties will have an effect on our ability to process refunds speedily so we ask for your understanding and patience.
The following preventative measures will be implemented to prepare our operations for opening and will be guided by property specific risk assessments. Processes include, but are not limited to:
- Employee Training on COVID-19, risks, controls, self-assessment screening and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Purchasing of PPE
- Amended Human Resources (HR) protocols to ensure social distancing, remote work where practical, and enforcement of Health and Safety controls
- Identification of demarcated areas for queuing and social distancing measures
- Printing and displaying of awareness posters on hygiene, social distancing and COVID-19 related risks in all staff and guest facing areas
- Deep cleaning of properties and pest control
- Preparation of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) systems, water reticulation systems, fridges, dishwashers, laundry equipment, etc.
- Food purchases and safe receiving
- Installation of physical barriers where practical
- Installation of hand sanitizer dispensers at all high traffic areas such as entrances and exits, lift lobbies and escalators, gaming floors, restaurants, bars, conference venues, toilets etc.
- Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to enforce additional hygiene and cleaning protocols
- A pre-opening audit will be conducted on all facilities to ensure that cleaning standards and protocols are consistent across the group
Post-opening Daily Control Measures:
Once we are allowed to open, the following control measures will be implemented on a daily basis, including but not limited to:
- Temperature screening and further screening using a questionnaire will be done at hotel check in, staff entrances, casino and other entrances where required.
- At all primary entrances, queuing systems will be demarcated to ensure social distancing of 1.5 meters.
- Only holders of MVG loyalty cards will be permitted onto our casino floor to allow for the tracking and traceability of casino customers.
- Every second seat at slot machine banks has already been removed and tables will be limited to four players only.
- Seating capacity at dining, conferencing and meeting areas has been reduced and will remain in line with Government guidelines for social distancing.
Health and hygiene interventions:
- Wearing of cloth face masks and training in the safe way to do so.
- A face mask must be worn by all people entering the property.
- Where additional personal protective equipment (PPE) is required, these will be provided to employees including training on how to properly use, clean, store or dispose of these.
- Enhanced food safety measures to ensure food is covered, sealed, or served to prevent cross-contamination.
- Increased cleaning and sanitization of all high risk touch points such as door handles, hand rails, lift buttons, light switches, reception and bar counters; slot machines and tables equipment; restaurant equipment and utensils, restaurant tables, chairs and other surfaces; in vehicles - door handles, interior surfaces and window levers and or buttons; Hotel rooms, surfaces and furniture; Hotel showers and all other basin taps, toilet flush buttons, levers, toilet seats and surrounding cubicle walls.
- Third Party hygiene audits will be conducted on a scheduled basis.
USEFUL CONTACTS DURING NATIONAL LOCKDOWN
|GBV Command Centre:||0800 428 428 / *120*7867# from any cell phone|
|Persons with disabilities:||SMS 'help' to 31531|
|Women Abuse Helpline:||0800 150 150|
|Child line:||0800 055 555|
|SAPS Crime Stop:||0860 10111
SMS Crime Line: 32211
|GBVF-related service complaints (SAPS):||0800 333 177
|National AIDS Helpline:||0800 012 322|
|National Human Trafficking Helpline:||0800 222 777|
|Suicide Helpline:||0800 567 567|
|National Department of Health:||https://www.health.gov.za|
|National Institute of Communicable Diseases:||https://www.nicd.ac.za|
|World Health Organisation:||https://www.who.int|
|Coronavirus Hotline:||0800 029 999|