Sun International Media Centre
COVID-19 Level 3 Restrictions
Sun International’s response to new restrictions announced by the President on 28 December 2020
We appreciate the efforts of our government to flatten the second wave of the Covid-19 pandemic as quickly as possible, and accept our responsibility as an engaged corporate citizen to assist in every way possible.
In line with the new level 3 government Covid-19 regulations we have immediately introduced the following changes across the Sun International group:
- The 9pm to 6am curfew will be strictly respected, and in order to give our guests and the staff at our hotels, restaurants and casino’s sufficient time to return home in time for the curfew, all of these properties will be closed between 8pm and 6am every day.
- In line with the President’s request, we will continue to call for anyone on our property to wear masks that fit their faces properly and that cover their nose. Anyone not adhering to these rules will be asked to leave the property. The only exception is at a time when guests are eating or drinking.
- None of our casino or hotel restaurants or bars will serve alcohol.
- We will continue to follow government regulations stipulating that casino and hotel capacity is limited to 50% of floor space. Our restaurants, meeting and conference rooms will be reduced to a maximum of 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors where it is possible to do so.
- In order to assist breakfast venues at our hotels to minimise queuing times we will introduce multiple breakfast venues.
- As is currently the case across all Sun International properties, a social distance of 1.5m is to be observed at all times.
- Day visitors will not be permitted at either Sun City or the Wild Coast Sun resorts. All water sport activities at the Wild Coast are suspended but golf will still be permitted at both properties, and swimming pools remain open subject to wearing of masks and capacity restrictions.
- At casino properties no eating, drinking or smoking will be permitted while playing at any of the gaming tables as masks must be worn at all times. Anyone wishing to eat, drink or smoke will be required to do so from a distance of at least 1.5m from the gaming table.
The health and safety of our staff and of our guests remains our priority at all times and we can assure them that we continue to offer a safe haven in these difficult times.
Whereas everyone was caught unawares by the first wave earlier this year, we now believe that as a group we are well equipped to deal with the second and any future waves. Not only are we sure our Covid-19 health and safety measures are world-class, but we have the World Travel and Tourism Council’s (WTTC) safe stamps of approval to prove it. We also have endorsement from the Tourism Business Council of South Africa (TBCSA) which represents us as an industry.
Monday to Friday
07h00 - 18h00
08h00 - 16h00
Press Release Archive
|31 Aug 2020||Sun International Interim Results||PDF | 207KB|
|30 Jun 2020||Sun International casinos reopen||PDF | 135KB|
|18 Jun 2020||Sun International is ready to reopen||PDF | 50KB|
|16 Apr 2020||Naledi Casino and Carousel Casino to remain closed||PDF | 628KB|
|13 June 2017||Unemployed Youth Receive Skills Training from Sun International||PDF | 304KB|
|30 May 2017||Sun International Lifts Its Shareholding in LATAM Subsidiary Sun Dreams to 64.9%||PDF | 311KB|
|25 May 2017||Every Drop Counts at Water Wise Sun International||PDF | 308KB|
|23 May 2017||It's Business as Usual for Morula Casino and Hotel||PDF | 311KB|
|19 Apr 2017||Minister Motshekga Launches the Hospitality Teacher Training Programme||PDF | 74KB|
|27 Mar 2017||Sun International Results 1 July to 31 December 2016||PDF | 323KB|
|19 Nov 2014||Sun International supports new beacon of hope on Signal Hill|
|31 Jul 2014||Sun International 'Delighted' at Gauteng Gambling Board Decision|
|02 Jul 2014||Sun International increases its share in Chile casino to 98.9%|
|30 Jun 2014||Sun International Comment on Sun City|
|20 Jun 2014||Sun International welcomes Riaan Maser and partner Vasti after epic adventure across the Atlantic|
|13 May 2014||Sun International in 3 transactions|
|07 Mar 2014||Negotiations with GPI on LPM Business|
|28 Feb 2014||Tourism & Trade Partners Announcement|
|29 Jan 2014||Sun International Announces Intention to Restructure
Download Press Release
Soundbite: Michael Farr, Group GM Brand and Communications